St. John’s sends mission teams to Nicaragua once or twice each year. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join us!
What We Do In Nicaragua
- Build houses for families of the Feeding Center children.
- Provide 40+ children with a healthy mid-day meal, Bible classes, and help with schoolwork at the Youth Center.
- Built and maintain a rancho (now a Lutheran church) for the Monte Redondo community.
- Deliver over 300 food packages and hygiene packs each year.
- Provide educational books and materials to multiple schools and the Youth Center.
- Provide painting and construction help for projects at schools, Youth Center and church.
- Lead Vacation Bible School Programs at the Youth Center and rural schools.
- And more! For photos, videos and more details from our most recent trips, visit our mission team Facebook page.
New Opportunity! Housing Project for Feeding Center Families
The children at the Feeding Center are some of the poorest in Leon. Every mission trip, we plan to build a new house for one of these families who presently live in a black plastic or scrap metal house. The house costs approximately $3,000 and is made of clay bricks with a metal roof, cement floor and electricity. During our trip, we help with the labor along with hired skilled Nicaragua workers. We built our first house during our February 2018 trip. For pictures and more information, please see our Facebook page listed above.
How Can You Help?
- Pray for the mission team
- Join us on a mission trip
- Donate funds for the construction of houses and to purchase food for the poor: St. John’s Nicaragua Mission Donations
Questions? Contact Gregg or Diane Butikofer at firstname.lastname@example.org or Pat Knueppel at email@example.com.